Affects Version/s: 7.0.X, 7.1.X, Master
- Create a new site.
- Create a structure with a link-to-page field, create a template for the structure with the default link-to-page field.
- Create two new pages (page1 and page2).
- Enable local staging, but disable staging for web content.
- On the Staging site create a new article using the new structure: add a title, in the link to page select page2 and publish.
- On page1 add a web content display and display the new article.
Checkpoint: Verify the URL of the link-to-page, you will see that it points to the staging site.
7. Make a publication.
Result: On the live site you will see the same staging URL for the link-to-page.
ddm_form.js uses the themeDisplay object to retrieve the groupId used for the page selection in link-to-page. It is doing so without any knowledge of the current portlet being staged or not, thus staged site form gets staged layouts to select from, and live site form gets live layouts.