Affects Version/s: 7.1.X, Master
Steps to reproduce:
1. Go to Content > Forms
2. Add new element set
3. Add a text field to the element set
4. Set "required field" and "validation" to true and its condition to "is not email"
5. Set an error message, like "email validation failed"
6. Create a form with the element set
7. Go to page and add a Form portlet
8. Select the form
9. Fill the form with a valid email address
Expected result: Form will be saved
Actual result: Form is not saved and error message is shown
10. Go to Content > Forms and view entries for the form
Expected result: there will be some entries, when the e-mail address was correct.
Actual result: There are no form entries.
The issue is not present when the text field is added to the form directly, not via element set.