Affects Version/s: 7.0.X, 7.1.X, Master
Component/s: Frontend Infrastructure
An incorrect info message is shown to the user when he/she tries to request a password reset link. Currently, the message displays "A new password will be sent..." when the user is sent a reset password url instead.
This issue resembles
LPS-85971, and this ticket was created to update the UI message accordingly as well.
1. Start a clean bundle of Liferay
2. Click on "Sign In", or access the Login Portlet
3. Click on "Forgot Password"
4. If user's reminder queries are enabled, it will ask for email and text verification. Click Next. (optional: user reminder queries can be set by adding users.reminder.queries.enabled=true in portal-ext.properties)
5. Check and see you are led to screen where "Send Password Reset Link" is displayed.
"A new password will be sent to email@example.com if you can correctly answer the following question." is displayed.
"An email will be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org if you can correctly answer the following question.", or something less ambiguous that can cover "password reset link" and "password reset".