In IE11, Edge, Firefox, and Safari text is not selectable by mouse click from any text field if it is repeatable, or nested under a parent field that is repeatable.
Steps to Reproduce
- Sign in as [email protected]
- Go to Liferay (Default) site > Content > Web Content > Structures > Create a new Structure
- Add an HTML field, and change the "Repeatable" settings to "Yes"
- Add a Separator field underneath the HTML field on a new line, and change the "Repeatable" setting to "Yes"
- Underneath the Separator, add an HTML field, and ensure that it is nested
- Save the Structure
- Open IE11, Edge, Safari or Firefox browser and access Liferay
- Create a new Web Content based on the newly created Structure (i.e. Content > Web Content > + icon > Create a new TestStructure article)
- Scroll to the HTML box. Copy and paste this string: one two three
- Try to highlight two with your mouse cursor
Nothing is highlighted, which prevents the content manager from adding any styling to the text. Notice though, if you hold shift and press a directional button, highlight works, and the editor popout appears.
Important: Please note that this affects any text box that is not explicitly labeled Repeatable, but is nested under a repeatable field. Also, please note that in Safari, repeatable fields can't even be selected period.
Text within the repeatable text box is selectable for further formatting options.