Type: Feature Request
Affects Version/s: None
Fix Version/s: None
Component/s: Application Security > Permissions
Currently, it is intended behavior to disallow users who are not a member of the Site to view private pages despite their permissions. This was introduced by -
- and the check is done in LayoutPermissionImpl. LPS-25415
It would be helpful to have the option of giving non-site members permission to also view private pages.
- Intranet site configured with SSO such as the SAML plugin.
- All users of the site should be authenticated upon navigation to the site url.
- Not all users should be members of the site due to many default permissions of assets
- When a site member logs in, the user is authenticated and sees both Home and Contacts pages.
- When a standard user logs in, they are authenticated and see only the Home page.
- This setup currently works correctly for users with "site member" access. However, other users are shown "The requested resource could not be found" instead of viewing the Home page.
To clarify this behavior, it would be helpful to implement one of the following two changes :
1. the UI permissions grid should be updated along with the documentation to be more specific and include the concrete exceptions
2. the LayoutPermissionImpl should allow for the available permissions grid options