Affects Version/s: 7.0.X, 7.1.X, Master
Component/s: Content Display Widgets > Web Content Display widget
Pasting text into a CKEditor is not working correctly in IE11
Steps to Reproduce
1) Add the following to your portal-ext.properties file:
2) Startup Liferay 7.0 patched with de-63 using Internet Explorer 11
3) Enable Developer Tools (F12)
4) Navigate to Web Content and create new Basic Web Content.
5) Paste text into the editor (e.g. This is test text that I copied and pasted.) Note: Pasted text must be the first action the user performs in the editor and also must be text external from the editor. (e.g. Error will not appear on text copied from within the editor and then pasted within the editor)
6) Notice Console error:
7) Attempt to paste again and the text will appear
Expected Behavior: When Inspecting the text field, the pasted text gets added in the <body> of the CTE
Actual Behavior: There is a new sub HTML tag <div id="cke_pastebin"> which is generated with the pasted text.
NOTE: In Chrome the issue does not occur.
Branch 70x - 4503abea729829dfa1efae68c0c3cecde0775f7e: Reproduced
Branch 71x - d1f8c4beef38f18952591c3a2e48f676260fa143: Reproduced. Now, even after pasting a second time, the text does not appear. I see an additional error in the browser console:
Master - a0cfab7e8dd4395dedb90518f2f3ac5d52f29e46: Reproduced. I do not see the same errors as in branch 7.1.x.