- In a new site create a public widget page. Let's call it 'testPage'
- Create a new site navigation menu called 'testMenu'
- Configure the navigation menu portlet of 'testPage' to show 'testMenu'
- Activate local staging on site
- In staging, add an item to 'testMenu' of type 'Page' that links to 'testPage'
- Go to 'Publishing' > 'Staging' and add a new custom publication
- Uncheck all pages but leave 'Navigation Menus (1 Items)' checked
- Accessing 'testPage' either in stagin or in live shows a navigation item linking to 'testPage'
- In staging 'testPage' it shows the navigation menu with one item but in live the navigation menu portlet shows 'There are no menu items to display.'
Special instructions for Q&A
This pull reverts the commits sent in
LPS-84229. I retested its reproduction steps after the revert and could not reproduce the bug but please, when testing this, re-test LPS-84229.