Affects Version/s: 7.0.X, 7.1.X, Master
Backported to Branch:Committed
Sprint:Search | S02 Sprint 16, Search | S02 Sprint 17, Search | S02 Sprint 18, Search | S02 Sprint 19
Git Pull Request:
"Title Field Query Builder" has been added to the Search System Settings (com.liferay.portal.search.configuration.TitleFieldQueryBuilderConfiguration) as part of the changes to control this behavior. It has two properties:
- exactMatchBoost : Set the boost value to be applied when search terms match a title as an exact phrase. Defaults to 2.0.
- maxExpansions : Set the number of unique titles that can be matched when search terms match a title as a phrase prefix. Defaults to 50.
You need to increase the value for "maxExpansions" depending on your needs and to pass testing the scenario described below.
Search for entities is limited to 50 results. The reproduction steps use Organizations, though it's a generic problem.
Steps to reproduce
- Set in your portal-ext. This property is to set the maximum number of organizations, roles, and user groups to display for each user in the user's administration search container:
- Log in and go to CP > Server Administration > Scripts
- Run the following script that adds 65 organizations
- Go to CP > Users and organizations > Organizations
- Search for "liferay"
Results only show 50 of the 65
Results show all organizations
Same behavior in "Liferay DXP > Members > Site Membership > Organizations > Add" screen
Increasing the value for the following property does not help either