DL UI (in control panel) warns that global-scope Metadata comes from a different scope, and changes might affect other sites. The same warning would apply to Document Types, but the warning is not available there. See screenshots.
Steps to reproduce:
- Navigate to any "Site Administration / Content / Document and Media / Document Types"
- Edit any of the document types, add "Test" to its name (observe: there is no warning, you can edit from this site), save
- Navigate to "Metadata Sets"
- Edit any of the metadata sets (observe: The editor shows the warning "This structure does not belong to this site. You may affect other sites if you edit this structure.")
- Cross-check: Navigate to Global scope and validate that the Document Type's name is changed in the global scope as well.
- Either both editors warn when global content is edited in a site's scope, or none of them.
- Bonus points for changing the wordings: I'm editing a "metadata set", while the warning talks about a "structure".