Affects Version/s: 7.0.X, 7.1.X, Master
Component/s: Content Display Widgets > Web Content Display widget
Attempt to render one Web Content Article inside another Web Content Article using journalContentUtil.getContent where requestMap is available in the nested Web Content Article. This results in the next Web Content Article not displaying the requestMap keys. Underlying issue is that the portletRequestModelFactory context object is missing.
Steps to Reproduce:
1) Create two structures with a text field, Structure A and Structure B.
2) Create templates:
Template A (Structure A):
- Template A shows some text and prints requestMap keys
Template B (Structure B):
- Texta4r4.getData() needs to be changed. Please refer to templateB_instructions.png.
- Template B renders a content by articleId, some text and prints requestMap keys.
3) Create Content A using Structure A and add text in the text field
4) Create Content B using Structure B and add article ID of Content A in the text field
5) Add Web Content Display portlet to the page and configure it to show Content B.
Expected Results: requestMap keys show for both A and B
Actual Results: requestMap is empty for A (nested WC), but shows for B (not nested WC)
Can reproduce on 7.0.x, 7.1.x, and master. Harder to test on master because articleId is no longer visible from the UI when viewing a web content article. However, can use database browser to find articleId from the JournalArticle table.