Changing the default language for an instance causes issues with generated urls. I have included the step to reproduce the issue below. Please note step 3-4 may not be necessary but I only saw the URL redirect in step 5 after adding a new instance and changing its default language for the 2nd isntance You may also need to restart liferay to see the effect. I also added a site just in case this was necessary to trigger the URL change.
Steps to reproduce
- Install liferay-ce-tomcat 7.1.2-ga3 and login
- Change the default instances language to English (UK)
- Create a 2nd instance
- Change the 2nd instance language to to English (UK)
- Log out and visit home page The home page url is redirected to /en-US/web/guest/home. Previously there was no language locale in the url.
- Click on the "Sign in" link.
login pop up present login form
login pop up contains a copy of the home page
You can also try logging in with /c/portal/login. The form is presented but logging in results in one being returned to the home page with the "sign in" link displayed.