Type: Regression Bug
Affects Version/s: 7.0.X, 7.1.X, Master
In 6.2 it was possible to render the articles with different templates using a parameter in the friendly url.
It was defined in the https://github.com/liferay/liferay-portal-ee/blob/6.2.x/portal-impl/src/com/liferay/portlet/journalcontent/journal-content-friendly-url-routes.xml file that was removed in https://github.com/liferay/liferay-portal/commit/f6f19a8894c650173f05934ddb9602d8ba11fe90
Steps to reproduce:
- Create a page and call it "display page"
- Add an asset publisher an configure it as the default one for the page (in order to make it selectable as display page)
- Create a new structure with 2 templates (once created copy their ddmTemplateKeys) with different content
- create a new article with this structure and select "display page" as display page
- Copy the friendlyURL of the article
- put the friendlyURL of the article in the browser --> you should see the article with it's default template
- append one of the ddmTemplateKeys to the friendlyURL ( [friendlyURL]/[ddmTemplateKey1]) -->
Expected: you should browse to the article and it will be rendered with this template
Extra steps to assert that the solution works
- append the second ddmTemplateKey to the friendlyURL ( [friendlyURL]/[ddmTemplateKey2]) --> you should browse to the article and it will be rendered with this template