This story is to make quick & minor improvements to the OOTB experience of My Profile and My Dashboard.
The following defaults defined in portal.properties will be changed:
- Change My Dashboard's default page name from "Welcome" to "My Dashboard".
- This makes it clearer that the user is on his/her Dashboard. Currently, the text "My Dashboard" does not appear anywhere on the page.
- Change My Profile's default page name from "Welcome" to "My Profile".
- Same reasoning as above
- Change default guest public page name from "Welcome" to "Home".
- Consistent with URL,
- Remove the default "My Sites" widget from "My Dashboard"
- "My Sites" is unnecessary since site navigation is globally available through the Personal Menu
- Add the "Profile" widget to "My Profile".
- This helps emphasize the purpose of the profile page and distinguishes it from from "My Dashboard".
There are many more improvements we can make in the future to the OOTB experience for the My Profile and My Dashboard site (naming, default theme/templates, improved profile apps, etc). The above are just small quick wins for 7.2