a) Description - If a page uses a layout template with an embedded, non-instanceable portlet, and said portlet is not configured, then the page layout editor (JS UI to add and remove on a page) will allow the user to add another instance of the portlet to the page.
b) Steps to reproduce:
1. Launch a clean 7.1 or master portal.
2. Deploy the attached test-embedded-portlet-layouttpl-master.war.
3. Go to the main site.
4. Create a new Widget page.
5. Configure the page to use the "TEPL Full Width Layout" Layout Template.
*Notice the page now has the Search Portlet (id: com_liferay_portal_search_web_portlet_SearchPortlet) at the top, and is not movable or removable by the user.
6. Click the plus in the top right corner to add a Portlet.
7. Go to "Widgets > Tools > Search", and notice that you can add the portlet to the page. Click "Add" next to it.
*There should now be 2 Search Portlets available
Actual Results: Ability to add a second Search Portlet even though there is already a Search Portlet embedded in the Layout Template.
Expected Results: Should not be able to add an additional Search Portlet
d) Errors: None