Since the release of Liferay 7.1, Document conversion broke in some places if one tries to set its configuration via an OSGi config file.
It seems that DocumentConversionUtil is not able to catch the configuration in time during the boot process.
The following lines seem to be responsible:
Updates on OpenOfficeConfiguration should cause DocumentConversionUtil to behave like DocumentConversionImpl; thus, an instance booting with the file com.liferay.document.library.document.conversion.internal.configuration.OpenOfficeConfiguration.config should be able to enable the service.
- Setting the OSGi configuration* only inside the OSGi* config file has no effect on the Util class.
- Components that use the OSGi reference instead of ServiceProxyFactory behave as expected.
- The UI, can reflect that the server was enable but executing on Groovy script area a call for the Util class will point that the conversion is not enabled.
- Changes on the UI have no effect, only if reset to default first.
- File previews are not generated.
- With a new instance, set configs/com.liferay.document.library.document.conversion.internal.configuration.OpenOfficeConfiguration.config to enable the server connection
- Execute the following script: