Affects Version/s: 7.0.0 DXP FP81, 7.0.X, 7.1.X
Component/s: Search Infrastructure > Elasticsearch Connector
Master/7.2 is not affected due to API changes introduced by
Search suggestion returns strange suggestions, sometimes nonexistent words.
Steps to reproduce
- Place the attached dictionary file to <TOMCAT_HOME>/webapps/ROOT/WEB-INF/classes/spellchecker
- set the properties below in portal-ext.properties:
- Startup the portal and login as omni-admin
- Create a basic web content article in German locale with the following content:
reason: the above German verbs are present in the dictionary.
- Open Configuration of the Suggestions widget on the default search page and enable Display "Did you mean: ..." if the number of search results does not meet the threshold. for it.
- Reindex all spell check indexes. Assert in console that verben_de_DE.txt is indexed.
- Switch to German language
- From Search Bar, search for:
- ächten -> result: Meinten Sie: acht
- angreifen -> result: Meinten Sie: angreif
- anmarschieren -> result: Meinten Sie: anmarschi
Expected: As described here, we give back the token produced by the language analyzer if no real suggestions come back in the suggest response. Elasticsearch doesn't return real suggest options for any of the above three words, so no suggestions should be displayed. ("anmarschi" is not even a real German word.)