Affects Version/s: 7.0.X, 7.1.X, 7.2.X, Master
Web content version compare does not work with language versions when SPA is not enabled
1) Get vanilla 7.0.x
3) Start the server, login as Admin
4) Go to left side Product Menu > Content > Web Content > click on the bottom-right + icon > Basic Web Content
5) In the default translation (en_US), add "Content_EN_1.0" as title and content, do not publish yet
6) On the top part of the web content creation form, click on the "+ Add Translation" button and choose Finnish (Finland) (or, really, any language other than English - United States)
7) Now, add "Content_FI_1.0" as title and content
8) Publish, then, edit the web content again by clicking on it
9) Edit the title and content to be: "Content_EN_1.1"
10) On the top part of the web content creation form, click on the Finnish (Finland) flag and change the title and content to be "Content_FI_1.1". Save and publish
11) On the web content (right side) click on the ellipsis icon and select "View History"
12) Select version 1.0 in the list, then, on the right-side ellipsis menu, select "Compare to..."
13) A pop-up will open. Select version 1.1 in the list
14) A new window will open. On the left panel, switch "English (United States)" to "Finnish (Finland)":
Expected: The dropdown input field version to change to Finnish (Finland), the content version to switch to the Finnish one
Actual behavior: The input field will change to Finnish (Finland) for a few milliseconds, then will automatically switch back to English (United States), no diffs will be shown in the right panel
Video showing the issue is attached
Reproduced on 7.0x-private @ 66d04be2ce43ba057f8bad647f7de24838c08b74d5bf496121174864df2a4c7f
Reproduced on master-private @ 33736a4d7d5e0c6940eb82d5463f4e2511517dd8b64fb7e433f8b14c4c2e7004