Resolution: No Longer Reproducible
Affects Version/s: 7.2.0 GA1, 7.2.X, Master
Fix Version/s: None
Component/s: Dynamic Data Lists
QA Test Score:5
Required field message is not shown to the user when trying to Publish a DDL with a nested Documents And Media field.
Steps to Reproduce
- Navigate to Product Menu > Site Administration > Content & Data > Dynamic Data Lists;
- Click on the kabab menu in the top right corner> Manage Data Definitions;
- Click to add a New Data Definition (Data Definition Name);
- Add Text field (mark it as repeatable and required);
- Add a Documents and Media field nested to the Text field and mark it as required;
- Click to add a New Dynamic Data List, select the created Data Definition;
- Click to add a New entry in the created DDL;
- Click to duplicate the Text field containing the nested field;
- Fill the first set of fields (Text and Documents and Media);
- At the second set of fields, fill the Text only;
- Click to Publish;
Required field message is not shown to the user when trying to Publish a DDL with a nested Documents And Media field. The following error message is shown: "Error:Your request failed to complete." on the dismissible message.
Note: If the user tries to Publish again, the right message is shown: "This field is required.".
Required field message should be shown to the user when trying to Publish a DDL with a nested Documents And Media field. The following message should be shown near to the field: "This field is required.".