1) Patch 7.1 with dxp-10-7110 and start the server, log in with admin user
2) Navigate to Control Panel > Users > Site Roles > Top-right "+" button > Create a role called "Content Author"
3) Define the following permissions to such role:
Page Fragments: Every permissions
Pages: All permissions under "General Permissions", "Site", "Page"
Site Settings: Every permissions
Web Content: Every permissions
Web Content Display: Every permissions
4) Create a new user called firstname.lastname@example.org, assign it to the Liferay DXP site and grant the Site role of "Content Author"
5) Create a Page Fragments Collection and 1 Fragment in it, the fragment has this HTML markup (please, change the class="fragment_34560" to something relevant in your bundle:
6) Go to Build > Pages > click on the top-right (blue) "Plus" button > Public Page > Content Page > create a new Content Page > Add Page > give a name > click on the Fragment on the right side > click on its "Plus" button to add it > hover the mouse onto the added portlet:
Result: the "Configure" button will appear
7) Now, logout/login with the email@example.com user and repeat step 6):
Actual result: The "Configure" button will not appear anymore
Expected result: Same as step 6) outcome