Affects Version/s: 7.0.X, 7.1.X, Master
The exported ics file does not contain information regarding the timezone used. This might cause some issues when the system timezone is different from UTC. As described on this comment depending on the system setup, the time might be exported with the wrong UTC value.
Also on LPP-33969 it was noted that other calendar apps include the timezone on the ics, avoiding this kind of issue.
For more details please see LPP-33969
Steps to reproduce
- Add a calendar portlet to page
- Open calendar configuration
- Change "Time Zone" setting UTC to UTC +09:00
- Also change the "Time Zone" on the calendar that will be holding the events to UTC +09:00
- Add a calendar booking as follows
- Edit the booking on 5/29/2019, by adding a comment "Note" in the Description. Save it as a "Single Event"
- Navigate to Liferay Calendars > Manage Calendars
- Export the calendar booking as ics file
- Open ics file with text editor
- Check "EXDATE" part
The changed booking is 5/29, but EXDATE is 5/28. (i.e., it's in UTC, without any involvement of the Time Zone)
EXDATE is 5/29 because it factors in the Time Zone (which was set on step #3). Note: Other web-based calendars such as Google Calendar or Apple Calendar permits the use of Time Zone by way of adding a TZID.