Affects Version/s: 7.0.X
Component/s: Site Templates
- Set up a 7.0.x portal
- Before startup, add these parameters to portal-ext.properties
- Create a site template called "temp1"
- Place a Blogs portlet on one of its pages
- Set the Scope of Blogs portlet to Global
- Switch to the Global site (e.g. by "Go to Other Site" compass icon)
- Create a blog entry called "GlobalBlog1" (in Global scope)
- Create a new site based on "temp1" template
- Find the latest LAR file in "tomcat-*/temp" directory
Actual: the LAR file contains the Blog Entry itself (this is wrong since it belongs under the Global scope)
Expected: contents belonging to other Scopes are not exported
The bigger problem with this is that when the template propagation exports contents from the Global scope, at the import phase it will delete and re-insert data that does not even belong to either the template or the site. This also creates performance issues.