Affects Version/s: Master
Steps to Reproduce
- Navigate to Control Panel > Configuration > System Settings > Segments > Segments Service
- Disable Segmentation > Save
- Navigate to People > Segments
- Create a segment
Disabling the segmentation service is for performance reasons so that the users are not segmented with each request.
Unchecking the "Segmentation Enabled" checkbox under Segments Service implies that the segments service is disabled. Users are not segmented and new segments should not be created.
New segments can still be created;
This can probably be addressed 2 ways:
- add an explanation on the System Settings option, or
- disable the creation of new segments if the option is disabled in System Settings.
Tomcat 9.0.17 + HSQL. Portal master GIT ID: 5ad9a615c9010980e10f1c4ece0d583f3a34b4ee