Affects Version/s: 7.2.X, Master
Component/s: Pages > Page Editor
Tomcat 9.0.17 + MySQL 5.7. Portal master GIT ID: 17ec6f9f5d0dd3078cf49d2a2d3185c4c148ecf5.
Tomcat 9.0.17 + MySQL 5.7. Portal 7.2.x GIT ID: 887d0ca0b5d607a5987228ed01362eb4f28af1d2.
Steps to reproduce:
- Set up a liferay bundle such that an internet connection is required to access it (external host)
- Access the liferay bundle
- Navigate to Site Builder > Pages
- Add a content page
- Add a fragment
- Shut off the internet on your local machine
- Continue trying to add fragments, edit fragments, reorder fragments
The autosave does not update and remains at the last saved time (or even better, there is a warning message letting the user know that edits are not being saved because of loss of internet connection). An example would be google docs where there is a "trying to reconnect" message when internet is lost.
The autosave continues to update when the user tries to add or reorder fragments (though the fragments do not actually add or reorder). The autosave correctly does not initiate when the user edits the text in a fragment.