When I configure an Asset Publisher with a Content Set that has variations I only get the default variation.
Steps to reproduce
- Go to a Site. Create a Segment under People using whatever rule. In my sample I am creating a rule based on the session's URL (URL contains "newsletter")
- Create two basic Web Contents in that site. No matter the content.
- Go to Content& Data > Content Sets. Create new Content Set with Two personalized variations. Just as an example, default one can have Ordering with Order By Modified Date Ascending; variation associated to the segment created could have Ordering with Order by Modified Date Descending
- Assert that if you click on the Content Set variation's name, in the three dots and then "View Content" the preview works right for both variations.
- Now create a New Page (Widget Page or Content Page should be the same) and add an Asset Publisher.
- Configure the Asset Publisher to use the Content Set previously created
- Now Open Simulation tool on the page (at the top right) and simulate what a user would see if the belongs to one or other segment. Same thing would happen if you add the parameter expected by the rule (is not just a simulation problem)
When simulating or actually belonging to the segment I can see different results than the default ones
I see same result (order in my test) so variation is not happening