As an Developer, I want to use a separator in my data structure, so that I can have a visual element to separate and organize the fields of my data structure.
The separator is a field type available in DDM, but missing in the Data Engine. This field is mostly used by the Web Content component to let users visually separate the fields of a Web Content structure. We need to create this new field type and make sure that all all customers that are currently using separators in their Web Content structure won't have problems when Web Content migrates to Data Engine.
That being said, the Data Engine component that will handle this separator use case should include the same properties/functions that this field already has on DDM:
- Ability to define a Label;
- Ability to Hide/Show the Label;
- Ability to define the Name;
- Ability to define a Tip (Help text) for the field;
- Ability to set as "Repeatable";
- Ability to customize the CSS Style.
When being rendered/used, the field should:
- Show with the Label, help text and Style configured in the properties;
- Repeat option if the property repeatable was turned on.
- Given a developer using the Data Engine to create an application, when the user is defining the Data Definition, then he should be able to include separator in the Data Definition;
- Given a developer using the Data Engine to create an application, when the user is defining a separator in the Data Definition, then the Data Engine must give him the option to define all properties that DDM does;
- Given a Data Definition that has a Color Field type, when the user decides to render it using the taglib, then the separator rendered should be displayed according to the properties (Label, help text, repeatability and CSS Style) defined in the Data Definition.
- All Acceptance Criteria were passed;
- Make sure that the expected automated tests were created (unit / integration / functional) and passed successfully;
- Verify if the test labels were added;
- Code with peer review completed;
- Validated by QA, Product Designer and/or PM;
- No critical bug related to Story scope (ex.: similar of FP4, FP5);
- Make sure that all system documentation were updated (if necessary)