Occurring in 7.0, 7.1 and 7.2 ... Asset publisher is publishing thread comments as their own standalone entities. This means that asset publisher cannot for example display five message board posts if the last entries to the board have been 5 comments ... only five comments will display.
1) Add a message board post and reply to it
2) Add an asset publisher to a new page
3) Configure it to show message board "messages" in abstract template
4) Configure the display to exclude comments
5) Comments are displaying as their own distinct messages
Functionality to exclude comments from being published by way of a toggle or checkbox option (so that existing functionality isn't disrupted). Blog comments don't publish as blog posts so message board comments shouldn't either.
Comments are appearing as message board "messages" causing very disjointed display with comments polluting the listing of original posts.