Resolution: No Longer Reproducible
Affects Version/s: 7.2.X, Master
Fix Version/s: None
Component/s: Asset Sharing Framework
LPS-83563, when a document is shared with an user, it becomes searchable for the user. Technically, this entails a modification in the search index for that document in order to update the list of userids which document is shared to.
The regular process of adding/removing a share takes this into account, so document will be found/not found by the user accordingly.
However, for shares having expiration date, logic is different. There is a periodic job in charge of deleting expired shared entries. This logic is not triggering the reindex, just invokes persistence. Therefore, an expired share of document d to user u will cause that u will still see d in the search results.
Steps to reproduce
- Have 2 users a and b
- Log in as a, create a document in the default site. Ensure you grant "owner" permissions, that is, only a can see it
- Checkpoint: search for document title in the search bar. Ensure that user b finds it, ensure user a does not.
- As user a share the document with user b. Set share expiration date for tomorrow
- As user b, ensure that search returns the new document
- Check that SharingEntry DB table contains a new tuple
- Wait 1 day (alternatively: change system date)
- Checkpoint: ensure that SharingEntry DB table does not contains the tuple
User b no longer finds the document when searching
User b still finds the document when searching