Translated webcontent fields with a invalid language are copied to default "en_US" translation in case you edit it.
That can be caused if you remove a language from enabled locales, or you upgrade from a old Liferay version that contains language-id="false" as a language.
Steps to reproduce
- Create a basic webcontent
- Add title and content in Spanish (es_ES) and Dutch (nl_NL) use title_es, content_es, title_nl and content_nl
- Go to instance settings => language configuration
- Remove Dutch (nl_NL)
- Shutdown Liferay
- Add following key in portal-ext.properties
- Start Liferay
- Edit again the basic webcontent created in first step
- : only Spanish translation is available in webcontent
- : Spanish and English translation are available in webcontent. English translation is a copy of the original Dutch translation