As a site administrator,
I want to be able to create translation roles for those assets that are possible to translate setting specific languages
so that those roles can translate content pages for specific languages in the site
Permission definition tables that are related to assets that are possible to translate must have a "Translate" permission row.
Roles with translations permissions must be able to assign to languages.
In role assignation, the modal must show only those roles that have at least a translation permission defined.
Scenarios to solve:
- One language per site
- Multiple languages per site
- Default language change
- Removing a language
- Define a role for translating web contents to Spanish.
- The user would have to create a role and give access and translation permission for this role. Later on, this role will be assigned to a language, Spanish - Spain in this case, in Site Settings.
- The translator must be able to write content in the specified language due to translation permission in the role for a language
- The translator must be able to check the content in the default language (we take as common base the default language although this could change in the future to translate from a translated language. An option could be the fallback language)
- The translator must not be able to edit the default language content unless permissions allow.
Figma (translate permissions)
Figma (language assigment)
Given a site with English as default language and Spanish and Italian as additional active languages
When a user creates a role
Then they can set the translate action for web content
And then in site settings associate this role to Spanish and/or Italian
Given a user with a translator role
When they click on the "translate" action
Then they will be directed to the page editor
And they will be able to modify only the languages they have permissions for