Affects Version/s: None
Component/s: AB Testing
The purpose of an AB test is to find the page experience that maximizes a goal for a given audience, by comparing the performance of different experience variants during a time.
The AB test creation in Liferay involves both Liferay DXP and Analytics Cloud:
- Liferay DXP provides the UI to create, configure and run/stop/complete the tests for a content page
- Analytics Cloud gathers the test information and resolved the winner variant. It also contains some remote actions (e.g. run/stop/complete)
As a result, navigation between the two products is required. More specifically, marketers must be able to navigate to DXP to see more details/operations of their test in the most seamless way possible.
This story covers the support for URLs to open a content page with the AB test panel open and focused on a particular test.
This story does not cover Single-Sign-On (i.e. the mentioned URLs require the marketer to sign in to DXP at least once to work).
- This story is not affected by any design
The AB test sidebar is open on a specific test
- Given a test for a content page experience exists with a shared id between DXP and AC, and a user is logged into Liferay and has permissions to edit that content page
- When the user navigates to the content page URL containing the segmentsExperimentKey parameter with the value of the test shared id
- Then the AB test sidebar is shown and the details of the test corresponding to the shared id are shown