Affects Version/s: Master
Steps to reproduce:
- Add line "Dear [$TO_NAME$]," to the content of file tomcat\webapps\ROOT\WEB-INF\lib\portal-impl.jar\com\liferay\portlet\announcements\dependencies\email_body.tmpl
- Add announcements.entry.check.interval=1 to portale-ext (so you don't have to wait 15 minutes until the email is sent).
- Start the portal
- Create a user and log in with it
- From My Account → Account Settings --> Preferences --> Alerts and Announcements Delivery tick Email for General.
- As admin, create a general announcement from Control panel/Configuration/Announcements and Alerts.
- Wait for the email to be sent to the new user
- Open the email.
Result: You see "Dear ,". The user's name is empty, not filled in.