It seems that the label "scope" in the asset publisher in 7.0 is mislabeled and should say "site". It's not possible to for example select content from a scoped blog of a site (only the default scope). Likewise trying to select pages of a different site other than the current also does not work in 7.0.
This functionality is working in 7.2 but can the 7.0 label be corrected?
1) In 7.0 Add a site
2) Add a blog application to a page /web/blog
3) Add a blog post
4) Add a new page with an asset publisher application
5) Configure the AP to show a blog from the site
6) Assert asset publisher shows content
7) Configure the blog application on /web/blog to be scoped to the page that it's on
8) Add a new blog entry to the newly scoped blog
9) Try to access the content via the AP ... can't access the content
The scope selector in asset publisher in 7.0 is acting like a site selector and nothing more
The "scope selector" be correctly labeled as a "site selector".
"You can configure multiple scopes, including the global scope, from which to select assets." It looks like this is also a misunderstanding of scopes and should say "global site".