Affects Version/s: 7.1.X, 7.2.X, Master
Component/s: ~ [Archived] Frontend Infrastructure
renderBundleComboURLs can exceed maximum size, sometimes causing js not to load in IE11. Because the cutoff can occur at different places based on all aspects of the URL and other parameters, it can be difficult to reproduce. I reproduced it on 7.1 @ bedf729391ee066dbb3c94cce2faf187665fcbf4, but the code creating this issue is also present in master.
Steps to reproduce
- 7.1.x @ bedf729391ee066dbb3c94cce2faf187665fcbf4
- Change [CATALINA_HOME]/conf/Catalina/localhost/ROOT.xml to [CATALINA_HOME]/conf/Catalina/localhost/liferay.xml
- Change [CATALINA_HOME]/webapps/ROOT to [CATALINA_HOME]/webapps/liferay
- Set "minifier.enabled=false" in portal-ext.properties
- Start Liferay
- Access "http://localhost:8080/liferay/" with IE11 (Please clear the cache just in case)
- Login and navigate to Build > Pages
- Click on "Configure(gear)" button
- Click on "Change Current Theme" button
"Change Current Theme" button does not work. And errors appear in console.
"Change Current Theme" button works properly creating a pop up.
- Specific to IE 11 (not reproducible in Chrome)
- Context needs to be changed
- Must have "minifier.enabled=false" in portal-ext.properties
- Errors when rendering the page: Liferay.Portlet.register() fails because Liferay.Portlet is null (with js_fast_load=0 it isn't null), other Liferay.Portlet calls also fail because it is null.
- Adding the parameter js_fast_load=0 allows it to work, js_fast_load=1 returns it to broken