Changing the permissions granted to the "owner" role via portlet permissions has no effect.
Consequently we should remove this from the UI to avoid confusing users.
- Create a role which has all the "Sites" permissions found under "Control Panel" > "Sites" > "Sites".
- Create a new user and assign it this role.
- Log in using that user.
- Create a widget page to the default site.
- Add any portlet to the page. Suggest "Calendar". (p.s. you'll find now that the user ID is the "owner" in ResourcePermission table)
- Log out, and log in using a company admin like [email protected]
- Navigate to the portlet instance and view its permissions.
- Assert that there is a row for "Owner" in the permissions table. It shows as having all permissions.
- Leave the "View" permission for the "Owner" role but uncheck it for any other role ("Guest" and "Site Member").
- Log out, and log in with the first user again
- Navigate to the page with the portlet instance
- Assert that the widget does not render
Expected result: Step 8 should fail. Either the row should be removed altogether or checkboxes show as read only
Actual result: The portlet renders a message saying the user does not have permission