Component/s: Core Infrastructure
- I had a pitfall in my routes.xml where I had appended a trailing "/" to the pattern.
- This prevented the request from identifying the correct route when it tries to add the parameters behind the scenes.
- The URL converted correctly, hit the correct portlet, but never made the right request. the parameters never made it into the request.
- The documentation does not have instructions for friendly URL's for instanceable portlet.
- Our 6.1 documentation did mention we have the instaceId but doesn't exactly say how the routes would match the instance ID.
The requests looks for the userIdAndInstanceId parameter which is supposed to be have the value of instanceId.
- The portlet routes.xml simply needs a variant of the instanceId in the pattern:
Feel like the documentation would great benefit if we include sections for common pitfalls and the bit about instanceable portlets.