When attempting to add a CXF Endpoint using the following steps, a successful prompt appears, but no CXF Endpoint is added:
1) Startup Liferay DXP SP5.
2) Navigate to LIFERAY_HOME>osgi>configs and place "com.liferay.portal.remote.cxf.common.configuration.CXFEndpointPublisherConfiguration.cfg" within directory.
3) Restart Liferay instance.
4) Navigate to Control Panel → Configuration → System Settings → Foundation → CXF Endpoints.
5) Select + button to Add Entry.
6) Observed the following default values:
- Context path: "/aaa"
- auth-verifier-properties: "auth.verifier.PortalSessionAuthVerifier.urls.includes=*"
- required-extensions: ""
7) Click Update.
It would be great if some documentation can be made addressing that when deploying a config file without the UUID breaks the configuration admin and prevents it from working correctly with no feedback to the administrator that anything is wrong with the configuration.
The reason for this is that when a config is placed in the OSGi/configs directory it is treated as a normal, single instance configuration unless it has a unique identifier signaling that it is a factory configuration. When a configuration that SHOULD be seen as a factory config is loaded as a non-factory config, it is placed with the other regular configurations and is not given a factoryPid, which leads to the problem we are seeing.
This will help administrators to be aware of this behavior and not waste time figuring out why the behavior occurs.