NTLM is a suite of Microsoft security protocols that provides authentication to users, is implemented in a Security Support Provider, which combines the LAN Manager authentication protocol + NTLMv1 + NTLMv2 + NTLM2 Session protocols in a single package.
NTLM passwords are considered weak because they can be brute-forced very easily with modern hardware.
If you want to continue using NTLM as an authentication system, you must download the corresponding deprecated module from the Liferay marketplace:
Installing through Liferay Portal App Manager
- Review app documentation for any specific installation instructions
- Login to your Liferay Portal instance with administrative permissions
- Navigate to Control Panel, then Purchased Apps
- Click install
Installing App manually
- Login to Liferay.com
- Navigate to Account Home, then Apps
- Click the Project for which the app was purchased for
- Click the app
- Find the file for your desired Liferay Portal version, then click the App button
- Review the app documentation for any specific installation instructions
- Drop file into the deploy folder