Things we should better cover:
- There are no database data for Search Tunings => liferay-<companyId>-search-tuning-* indexes are the primary storage
- Search Tuning entries (synonyms and result rankings) are not preserved when switching from Embedded/Sidecar to Remote/Production or when migrating to a new Elasticsearch cluster (e.g. when moving to a new major version of ES)-> Existing documents must be restored manually ==> Do not use Search Tunings when Elasticsearch is configured to run in development mode (Embedded/Sidecar)
- Reindex does not reindex Result Ranking entries, though they are not deleted either
- Synonym entries are preserved across subsequent reindexes as long as the Elasticsearch cluster remains the same
- Search Tuning modules (or DXP) must be restarted when switching to Remote/Production mode otherwise there will be index_not_found exceptions when visiting RR or SS on the Control Panel.
- Always back-up all Liferay indexes -> List OOTB indexes
Articles to update (check others):