Type: Technical Task
Affects Version/s: 2.0.2 CE GA1
Component/s: Social Office Dashboard
Environment:Tomcat 7.0.25 + MySQL 5.5. Portal 6.1.x GIT ID: 737fd2cddc9eb6ff2869c4a8a7d3b3b0d21613c8
Plugins 6.1.x GIT ID: 20db40c4fdf4ad51d83c41a7c8987fb2aca83b0d
Automatically adding new users to the Social Office User Role does not allow the Dashboard pages to be created for the new user.
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Login in as email@example.com
2. Go to Control Panel > Portal Settings > Users > Default User Associations
3. Add Social Office User to the Roles section
4. Add new user: firstname.lastname@example.org
5. Sign on as email@example.com and notice the Dashboard link is not in the Dockbar.
6. firstname.lastname@example.org sees the Dashboard link but when you click it no SO pages are created.
I've also seen this issue when membership is added via an LDAP Group tied to the Social Office Role