Type: Regression Bug
Affects Version/s: 2.1.X CE
Environment:Tomcat 7 + MySQL 5. IE9 Portal 6.1.x EE GIT ID: 8333d43a0fc8375eda9a79a50456e0b394bf455c.
Plugins 6.1.x EE GIT ID: b91ec49ad14ef338ef3cfb234f973ee46a9d2408.
Unable to send private message using Internet Explorer.
- Add another user.
- Give both you and the added user the SO role.
- Navigate to your dashboard.
- Add the user as a connection.
- Sign in as the second user and confirm the connection request.
- Go to the Messages Page.
- Try to send a private message to Joe Bloggs.
The system will perpetually say "Sending message..." and your IE browser will ask if you want to open or save "messages.js" from the server. No message actually gets sent. This only affects any version of Internet Explorer. Sending messages using FireFox works as expected.