Affects Version/s: 2.0.2 CE GA1, 2.0.3 EE
Environment:Any environment, previous SO of version before 2.0.2, new SO version 2.0.2 or later
Backported to Branch:Committed
Liferay Contributor's Agreement:Accept
Steps to reproduce:
(1) obtain SO 1.6 bundle (or any version before 2.0.2) with some dedicated database (not Hypersonic)
(2) start up SO 1.6
(3) create a SO site
(4) on the site /home page, edit the Welcome portlet (through Configuration), using the rich editor, fill in some text and / or image (exact content does not play any role)
(5) shutdown SO 1.6
(6) obtain newest SO 2.0 bundle (version 2.0.2 or later) and set it up to point to the 1.6 database, so that the upgrade is triggered
(7) start up SO 2.0
(8) watch the logs and confirm that "Upgrading com.liferay.so.hook.upgrade.v2_0_2.UpgradeGroup" is present
The Welcome portlet in upgraded SO 2.0 site is missing its previous content and renders as empty.
Welcome portlet content will persist after the upgrade to 2.0.2 or later.
SO 1.6 and also 2.0 contain Welcome portlet on each home page of SO-enabled site. This Welcome portlet is a WYSIWYG portlet from wysiwyg-portlet ("1_WAR_wysiwygportlet" in 1.6, "1_WAR_wysiwygportlet_INSTANCE_abcd" in 2.0, since the WYSIWYG portlet was made instanceable). It stores the presented HTML into its portlet-preferences, under key "message".
v2_0_2.UpgradeGroup upgrades each 1.6 group using these steps:
(1) deletes all layouts in the group;
(2) merges (creates) new layouts from the new SO 2.0 layoutTemplate;
This causes all portlet-preferences of old portlets to be removed. This is most visible for the welcome portlet, since it stored all its content in portlet-preferences. I'm not sure whether this is a bug or more an improvement.