Type: Regression Bug
Resolution: No Longer Reproducible
Affects Version/s: 2.1.X CE, 2.0.4 EE GA2, 2.1.X EE
Environment:Tomcat 7 + MySQL 5.
Portal ee-6.1.x GIT ID: 5f1ac10163d08a39a39314b3ddda3928b6037384
Plugins ee-6.1.x GIT ID: 16f962b55e5a434561cbaff229b5ab74ed495884
Portal 6.2.x GIT ID: 826010497d094ef8758e4ec0489bca03895a6236
Plugins 6.2.x GIT ID: fb468e0ac568c8c586a59794a90f2a48818928e0
Logic change introduced by
SOS-1113 prevents the Private Messaging Portlet (PMP in what follows) from sending a notification to the recipient of the private message.
In UserThreadLocalServiceImpl method getPrivateMessageURL() throws NoSuchLayoutException, if the recipient user doesn't have a PMP added to his/her private page; on the sender side however there is no error message displayed and there isn't anything helpful in the logs either.
- Have a Liferay Portal instance up and running.
- Compile PMP from source.
- Deploy PMP war.
- Create a new user (eg. firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Log in as email@example.com
- Add the PMP to the front page.
- Try to send a private mesage to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Nothing happens at this point.
- Try to do the same and send a message to yourself, that works.