If the Social Networking Portlet is deployed in the portal before Social Office and its plugins has been deployed, users will not be able to add each other as connections. This is because it is using the FriendsRequestInterpreter instead of the ContactsCenterRequestInterpreter.
1. Deploy Social Networking Portlet
2. Deploy Social Office
3. Create another user (example: 'test1')
4. Add user to the Social Office users
5. In the current user (admin), add 'test1' as a connection in the Contacts Center Portlet
6. Log in as 'test1' and check notifications
7. The user's name won't show up. Only the links 'confirm' and 'ignore' will show up. (see attached image)
Also, if Social Office (specifically the Contacts Center Portlet) is deployed before the Social Networking Portlet, everything works as intended in Social Office.