Type: Regression Bug
Resolution: Won't Fix
Affects Version/s: 2.1.X EE
Fix Version/s: 2.1.X EE
Environment:Tomcat 7.0.40 + MySQL 5. Portal 6.1.30 EE GA3.
Plugins 6.1.x EE GIT ID: 2c780cef4de8abfa204ef5887ff301665a718f07.
Here are the steps to reproduce the issue:
1. Go to Control Panel
2. Go to Server Administration -> Mail
3. Configure the instance to use a valid email provider (such as gmail)
4. Add an SO site
5. Go to the SO site -> Members -> Invite Members to this site
6. In the Invite by Email field, type in a valid email address and click Add Email Address
7. Click Send Invitations
8. Login to the email address. Click on the site invitation message. Click on the link under "Follow the link below to confirm or ignore this invitation:"
9. Once redirected to the account creation page, fill in the information and click Save
The user will be taken to a password creation page
The user is given an error message saying the password is invalid, even though the user has not specified any password yet.
There are no execeptions and this error does not occur if a user simply creates an account using the "Create Account" link in the sign in page.
Bug was NOT reproduced in Portal 6.1.20 EE GA2.