Affects Version/s: 2.1.0 EE GA3, 3.X EE, 3.X CE
Branch Version/s:6.2.x, 6.1.x
Backported to Branch:Committed
Affects Portal Version/s:6.2.0 CE GA1, 6.2.10 EE GA1, 6.1.30 EE GA3, 6.1.20 EE GA2
Issue: When creating a new message in the Private Messaging portlet, the autocomplete "to" only lists users who have the SO User role directly. It does not list those who inherit the role.
Steps to Reproduce:
- Deploy SO.
- Create a test user: test2.
- Create a user group "SO Users" and make test2 a member.
- In SO Configurations under the Users tab, add Test Test and select save.
- In SO Configurations under the User Groups tab, add the User Group SO Users and select save.
- Add private messaging portlet to the page.
- In SO navigate to Dashboard > Message > 'New Message'
- Click the "to" field.
Expected Result: The drop-down list of suggestions includes Test Test and Test 2
Actual Result: The drop-down list of suggestions includes only Test Test. It does not list test2.
(Same behavior can be found with organizations by adding users to them and adding the organization in SO Configuration.)