Affects Version/s: 2.1.X CE, 2.1.X EE
Affects Portal Version/s:6.1.20 EE GA2
Portal Fix Version/s:6.2.0 CE GA1, 6.2.10 EE GA1
Once a new site member has been invited by email, clicking the invitation link and submitting the filled Create Account form results in password error in UI. This occurs only when Kaleo is deployed and default workflow for Users is enabled.
- Set up outgoing mail server in Portal
- Deploy Kaleo, and set the default workflow for Users to Single Approver
- Create a Social Office site, and invite a new member by mail
- In the invitation email, click the link to confirm invitation
- Fill the registration form, and submit it
- Actual result: Error message appears telling about invalid password
Expected result is to inform the user about the approval process with no error message. (As seen when one registers from the Portal's login portlet while User workflow is active.)
With Portal 6.1.20, I found that getCreateAccountURL() (in MemberRequestLocalServiceImpl) appends a redirection paremeter to the invitation URL. After submitting the registration form, this takes the User to the Social Office site. But, with User workflow enabled, the new account is only halfway created before the approval, i.e. random password hasn't been generated. Since redirection into SO requires login and authentication, empty password raises an exception which results in the error message.
As a solution, the invitation mail template could be changed to contain 2 separate links: one for account creation and one for login.