As a social office user I would like an improved experience with the Announcements portlet.
1. Announcement portlet takes up too much space - even when there is no announcement. Use of real estate needs to be more wisely manipulated.
2. Improving the use of Add/Edit buttons - see notes for details.
3. Aesthetically pleasing dashboard that feels more updated/modern - Design of the announcement should draw the users to reading the content and then giving users clear direction on how to dismiss the announcement.
1. Possibly consider moving the creation and management of announcements into the dock bar and only display the portlet if there is an activate announcement (though would have to give some consideration on how to browse announcements already marked as read).
2. Emphasis on content vs. Secondary information i.e. avatar
3. Mark as Read doesn't seem to be clear enough - users are not clearing their announcements which pushes down other content on the page.