Here are the steps to reproduce the issue:
- Add an SO site
- Add an announcement to the SO site
- Go to the Dashboard SO Announcements portlet; notice that the announcement from the SO site is displayed
- Go to the Dashboard SO Announcements portlet configuration
- Flag Customize Announcements Displayed
- View the scope configuration
The SO site should be listed under the "Displaying" list since the announcement from the SO site is currently being displayed in the Dashboard SO Announcements portlet
The "Displaying" list is left blank and the SO site is placed under the "Available" list, falsely indicating that the SO site's announcements are not to be displayed in the dashboard SO Announcements portlet.
This behavior is not the case in SO site's announcement portlet.
The current workaround is for the user to move the SO site to "Displaying" and then back to "Available." Once this is done, the SO site's announcement will not display in the dashboard.