Resolution: No Longer Reproducible
Affects Version/s: 3.0 CE GA1, 3.0.1 EE, 3.0.2 EE
Affects Portal Version/s:6.2.x
NOTE! "Announcements" and "Social Office Announcements" are 2 different portlets. I am talking about "Social Office Announcements" one. "Announcements" portlet comes by default with Liferay portal while "Social Office Announcements" portlet comes with Social Office CE.
Resource permissions does not exist for this portlet. As a result I can not assign permission to roles for example "Add Entry". I am stuck with only "Administrator" and "Site Administrator" roles being able to add/manage entries.
Location/path of the problem:
1. Log in with administrator user
2. Enter Control Panel
3. Enter Users
4. Enter Roles
5. Choose a Role which you want to have the permission to "Add Entry", for example "User"
6. Select "Define permissions" option
7. Follow this path to Social Office Announcements portlet permissions:
Site Administration -> Applications -> Social Office Announcements.
8. PROBLEM: permission to "Add Entry" does not exist.
*Note that the role had permission to "Manage Announcements".