There is a Liferay Sync issue when the Portal has a Site with special characters in its name.
Steps to reproduce:
1. Install Liferay Sync Version 1.1.1-ga1 on Windows
2. Start clean Liferay Portal bundle
3. Connect Sync to your Liferay Server
4. Create a Site with a name that has special characters e.g.: "Test<>:|\/?"
5. Add a Page and a sample document to your Site
6. Select your Site in Liferay Sync configuration
Result: Liferay Sync will attempt to sync documents from the Site, but won't be able to create the folder "Test<>:|\/?" -> invalid folder name on Windows
It would probably be the best option for Liferay Sync to normalize the Site names so it could handle illegal characters.